- Communicates Corporate initiatives in a relevant and actionable manner to employees within his/her organization.
- Communicates the vision of the organization to all employees
- Communicates to employees how their jobs/ works/ goals relate to organizational goals
- Supports communication systems recently implemented.
- Writes appropriately within organizational guidelines and values.
- Shows employees how their work contributes to the success of the organization
Communicating with Others
- Accurately attends to/understands ideas which are exchanged.
- An effective listener who is responsive to information needs.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Communicate well
- Communicates company/market changes to appropriate team members in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Considers the audience in how the communication is presented.
- Effectively and regularly communicates regarding issues that are critical to the team
- Shares important information with others.
- Informs others about changes or developments in plans and goals.
- Keeps open and regular communication with others.
- Explains complex concepts clearly, using terms/style appropriate for the audience
- Let people know what is expected of them
- Effective in communicating thoughts and feelings to others.
- Shares concepts and ideas with others.
- Is visible and approachable.
- Conducts regular performance feedback discussions with individuals and teams
- Informs supervisor about progress made on goals and objectives.
- Asks follow-up questions as needed.
- Checks for understanding throughout conversations or group presentations/discussions
- Clarifies words or statements to gain better understanding of the message.
- Communicates a clear understanding of the subject at hand.
- Communicates goals of project, resources required, resources available, etc. to team
- Delivers clear and concise instructions.
- Demonstrates clear verbal and written communication skills
- Explains issues logically, breaking down complex issues into manageable pieces of information
- Makes the complex simple.
- Able to understand the core issues of the conversation.
- Reviews any "action steps" resulting from meetings or conversations before concluding to ensure clarity and that plans will be executed
- Consistently speaks clearly.
- Summarizes or paraphrases the current question to confirm understanding.
- Able to clarify complex or technical information.
Coaching and Developing
- Coaches others and provides feedback on the use of different oral communication styles for different audiences
- Coaches others on their written communication skills
- Writes complete and developmentally-oriented performance appraisals with clear goals, using SMART criteria
- Implements performance appraisals focused on employee development using SMART criteria
- Communicates effectively with management, both upward and downward.
- Communicates progress on business goals to team and upper management
- Communications with college leadership
- Communications with department leadership
- Has the confidence to communicate effectively to all levels (from CEO down) of the organization, external customers, suppliers, as well as the senior counsel of other companies.
- Chooses the communication medium (ie. email, voice mail, memo, project document) that reflects the needs of the content. (ie. urgency, confidentiality, content scope)
- Delivers effective presentations.
- Delivers effective public presentations.
- Uses correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Is an effective communicator
- Maintains good contact with others when speaking.
- Tailors oral communications to the intended audience.
- Tailors writing to the intended audience.
- Takes steps to prevent interruptions when important issues are being discussed
- Uses effective non-verbal communication (e.g., eye contact, nodding, gestures, etc.)
- Able to use multiple methods of communication.
- Able to demonstrate persuasiveness in pursuit of objectives.
- Able to effectively prepare and deliver presentations influentially.
- Conveys priorities with right sense of urgency and importance.
- Delivers influential presentations.
- Delivers messages with energy, enthusiasm, and conviction.
- Delivers messages with personal energy, enthusiasm, and conviction.
- Uses ideas and perspectives to persuade others.
- Demonstrates persuasiveness in pursuit of objectives.
- Effectively prepares and delivers presentations influentially.
- Inspires others to take action based on his/her communications
- Is an effective and motivating communicator.
- Gives clear and convincing presentations.
- Persuasive and articulate when communicating.
- Speaks clearly, fluently, and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Listen and understand
- Listening to your side in employer/employee disputes
- Listens actively & speaks clearly and directly.
- Listens attentively and without interrupting to team members and customers
- Listens carefully.
- Listens effectively.
- Listens to others' points of view with an open mind
- Listens well
- Acknowledges an understanding of what the other person is saying.
- Takes time to listen to you
- Uses active listening techniques (e.g., paraphrasing, reflecting, open-ended questions) to ensure successful communication
- Addresses issues of key importance to stakeholders.
- Explains reasons behind decisions and actions.
- Focuses communications on the relevant key issues.
- Receives and answers questions - on the spot. S/he has a willingness to address the tough questions.
- Able to deliver presentations.
- Can effectively deliver presentations.
- Comes across as comfortable and effective as a public speaker
- Delivers difficult messages to co-workers in an appropriate manner
- Delivers well-prepared, informed, poised and succinct presentations.
- Effectively delivers presentations to teams, large groups, and diverse audiences
- Prepares and delivers presentations.
- Prepares effective external communications, using basic familiarity of legal requirements and limitations
- Present their message with professionalism
- Uses software, graphics, or other aids to clarify complex or technical reports.
Accuracy and Clarity
- Communicates clearly and concisely in writing (e.g., professional correspondence is well-organized, to the point, and uses correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar)
- Communicates project information accurately and clearly.
- Conveys ideas confidently and succinctly.
- Delivers information in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely to individuals and groups, in both formal and informal settings
- Presents information in a clear and logical format.
- Organizes ideas clearly.
- Presents clear and persuasive information in reports.
- Responds to questions with accurate and complete answers
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style, and language for the reader.
- Writes in a concise and organized manner.
- Reports are clear and persuasive.
- Presents issues, ideas, and strategy concisely and clearly.
- Deals with difficult situations calmly and confidently.
- Delivers difficult/sensitive messages to co-workers in an appropriate manner
- Maintains self-control in conversations.