- Tries to understand others' point of view before making judgments
- Shares competing viewpoints to expand viewpoints.
- Prepares team members to accept differing view points.
- Helps others to see perceptions that they have about an issue.
- Helps others avoid misperceptions.
- Helps others avoid misperceptions about issues.
- Combines ideas and viewpoints of different team members.
- Combines different ideas and viewpoints.
- Discusses conflict situations with supervisor.
- Facilitates constructive dialog with stakeholders.
- Is open and honest to avoid misunderstandings.
- Facilitates dialog between stakeholders.
- Facilitates dialog between team members.
- Identifies potential opportunities for compromise.
- Assists team members by helping them see the other point of view.
- Helps employees to think through alternative ways to resolve conflict situations.
- Persuades others to accept personal transformation.
- Persuades others to accept ideas that may be difficult and uncomfortable.
- Finds common ground between parties.
- Gets both sides to agree on a common framework.
- Resolves conflicts by identifying potential opportunities for compromise.
- Clearly expresses expectations to others.
- Clarifies expectations.
- Tempers expectations.
- Examines differences and disagreements for creative and strategic resolutions.
- Exposes conflicts for resolution.
- Identifies areas of agreement and common ground.
- Identifies areas of agreement and common ground to form basis of resolution.
- Determines what issues can be agreed upon.
- Identifies the root cause of the problems.
- Reads situations accurately and quickly.
- Helps align team members toward a common goal.
- Establishes roles and responsibilities.
- Establishes roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Guides others toward establishing strong relationships.
- Able to persuade and influence others.
- Works with others as needed to facilitate resolution of conflicts.
- Deals effectively with employee grievances.
- Able to settle disputes equitably.
- Able to resolve issues.
- Settles disputes amicably.
- Settles disputes with agreement from both parties.
- Settles disputes resulting in a win-win for both parties.
- Ensures productive business relationships.
- Explains rules for engagement.
- Describes the protocols to be used.
- Identifies and takes steps to prevent potential confrontations.
Business Oriented Resolutions
- Turns conflicts into action that creates business results.
- Remains calm and nonjudgmental.