- Develops a strategic plan.
- Has developed an effective strategic plan.
- Utilizes strategic thinking in planning.
- Establishes and monitors timeframes and timelines.
- Organizes activities and events at conferences.
- Plans and organizes events effectively.
- Plans freight processing during non-operating hours or off the sales floor to maximize customer service.
- Plans schedules based on associates' strengths to maximize sales.
- Plans schedules in detail to include breaks and specific assignments, by associate, by hour to maximize customer service.
- Sets up and monitors timeframes and plans
- Consistently restates and reinforces his/her direction or forward plan.
- Establishes a course of action for self and others to accomplish specific goals.
- Identifies resources needed to accomplish objectives.
- Identifies what must be accomplished for successful completion of project.
- Makes plans and follows through.
- Organizes lists of items required for meetings or presentations.
- Plans meetings effectively.
- Able to look ahead (beyond the present) when addressing the work/needs of the department.
- Anticipates obstacles and ways to overcome them.
- Anticipates potential challenges, develops plan to overcome them and then carries out the plan.
- Anticipates resources needed to successfully implement a plan or project.
- Anticipates unexpected hurdles or obstacles to a plan or project.
- Creates back-up plan for each quarter to ensure achieving sales goals.
- Develops and works contingency plans as needed.
- Plans for future enhancements of the products.
- Purchases equipment and software that will be needed in the future.
- Explores new directions/approaches to overcome setbacks and roadblocks.
- Anticipates potential challenges, develops plan to overcome them.
- Anticipates potential challenges and develops plan to overcome achieve success.
- Develops contingency plans to address potential problems.
Teamwork and Networking
- Able to identify the needs of the department before a major change.
- Consults with the research department before making major changes.
- Delegates role to team members to accomplish goals.
- Integrates planning across functional, divisional and departmental boundaries.
- Regularly plans and participates in networking and recruiting activities to ensure additional help is available throughout the year.
- Accomplishes major tasks by breaking them into manageable pieces.
- Develops systematic approach to get resources needed to accomplish the plan.
- Ensures performance measures are in place to monitor and assess attainment of goals and objectives.
- Works in an organized manner
- Works toward identifying potential problems and solutions for addressing them.